Thursday, April 10, 2008

Life seems to be a cycle...of day and night! Old pirates sing...~~get through the darkness and tomorrow will be a brighter day~~But when destiny has its say, and the darkness seems endless...all i have is a candle of hope. hope, hope, and hope! My head feels heavy,i've got the 'evil one ' in my hand! Candle of hope- the candle to the dark realms.I feel a chill down my spine.....where has it led me to..?

-GAYU~in the lost realms-

Hope..seems to be the faith of many.When i told my mum to stop hoping, she paused, and looked deep into my eyes.The maternal chemistry! (if that's what they call it). I could read her mind like an open book...what's life without hope? I could hear these words cooing in her mind.Yet, with hope, comes expectations...and disappointment as a constant shadow.A lesson learnt from Life , my constant teacher.The mind is peaceful and serene till it learns this emotion-hope.A potentially mitigating force.



The greek myth has it ;Pandora the first lady created as a result of seductive gifts given by each Greek god as ordered by Zeus, a punishment for the sins of mankind .Pandora brought her jar-the pitos with the evils and opened it. It was the gods' gift to man, on the outside it was beautiful and enticing .Then all the five winged beings, flew out of it-greed, slander,envy, vanity and pining . they roam around and do harm to men . One single evil had not yet slipped out of the jar- Elpis, the personification of Hope! As Zeus had wished, Pandora slammed the top down and it remained inside. One fine day, as ordered by Zeus, Pandora released Hope(Elpis) because men started taking his life.It was Elpis which built up expectations in men and convinced men to prolong their lives as their sufferings will soon end. If only they knew that hope, is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment. Elpis! Child of Nyx and mother of Pheme( goddess of rumor).The Greeks have it all!

Hope is simply a negative emotion which prevents acceptance.


When I was six, i wished and hoped for the rain to stop ;to run out and play.
When I was thirteen, i wished and hoped for the rain to stop ;to go for a swim.
When I was sixteen, i wished and hoped for the rain to stop ;to sneak out and meet my friends.
When I was seventeen, i wished and hoped for the rain to stop; as I might get sleepy in my biology class!

And finally, now it has been 24 years away from the womb, 24 years closer to death, and till last nite i wished for the rain to stop, not because I wanna play, swim, or chuckle with my buddies.They were mere excuses and i was too afraid to admit.The pour of tears of the long forgotten gods-rain simply made me think so hard that my skin would tighten like the scales of Angitia-the goddess of snake. But today, I'm breaking the cycle.let it rain and let the breeze blow on my face.I lay on the lush green grass of my garden...pampered with the smell of frangipanis and fresh pines...thanks to the rain....no tears of the forgotten ones...but drops from heaven!
Yes, today, I've learned to hope no more...acceptance has set in..life seems lighter..



















3 comments:

Darrsini said...

You go gurl..
Yes, if thr was no such thing as hope, the heart wont break..

Every day I realise how little I know of this mystical universe but every day I thank how much the universe has given me..

Heres to the future..

=)

gP said...

Hey girl! Wilkomen to the big bad world of blogs. :)

and you have that classic pic of urs down there :p

Will b back to read the post...working now :)

Pathman said...

This is heaven, this is hell. It depends on how you choose to see this life:P